Anything Goes Data Mashup
$2000 will be awarded to the application that best demonstrates the use of NZ data in a creative way. This section is for entries that don’t fit into any of the other specific categories.
Things you need to know:
- You must use at least one piece of New Zealand central or local government data.
- You must have the rights and permission to use all data and content in your entry.
- You need to provide the details of all content and data that you use when you submit your entry.
- Please make sure you read and understand the full competition rules.
Within the theme and competition rules, you have plenty of scope for creativity. Here are some ideas for apps and information about available data to help you get started. You don’t have to use these! These are just examples to inspire your thinking:
Inspiration from New Zealand Post:
New Zealand Post has made their New Zealand Post's Postcode Network File (PNF) and PostShop locations data available especially for Mix and Mash!
New Zealand Post's application programming interfaces (APIs) aim to help businesses with a better logistics and delivery experience.
- The Tracking API allows display of the delivery status of customers' tracked items within applications.
- The Rate Finder API provides delivery options and the associated cost for sending parcels within New Zealand with New Zealand Post and CourierPost products.
- The Tracking Notification API pushes notifications via email or webhook when a tracked item changes status, providing alerts as parcels move through the postal network.
New Zealand Post would love to see their APIs cleverly mixed and mashed with the likes of the Charities Register open data, or geographic data from the LINZ data portal, and turned into something completely innovative, unexpected and useful.